Basketball Support – Competitions and Clubs
- Do you live and breathe basketball? Do you have experience, passion and energy?
- This is an exciting new role with Southern Districts Basketball Association.
- This role is responsible for the administration of the domestic competition and provision of administrative support to clubs.
Southern Districts Basketball Association
Who are SDBA and the Spartans?
We are a not for profit organisation delivering Basketball for all participants, no matter who they are or where they come from. Spartans pride themselves on providing an opportunity for all participants to reach their full potential through involvement in basketball.
SDBA management style is to be collaborative and inclusive encouraging ideas, productivity, innovation, and efficiency. Giving and take constructive feedback to ensure that mistakes are minimized and mitigated whilst empowering the participants.
What does the role involve?
The Basketball Support role reports to the Head of Basketball and works closely with this role to implement and administer the domestic competition and provide administrative and operational support to Clubs.
Areas of responsibility include
- Complete all administration requirements for domestic junior and senior competitions including maintaining and updating all relevant systems and programs.
- Work with other team members to ensure that every competition day and venue is ready for play
- Liaise with Stakeholders in the course of carrying out duties including:
- Club and team delegates.
- Basketball Qld, Other Associations, and schools
- Venue Managers
- Other staff of SDBA
- Assist with the development of a court allocation plan and referee allocation
To be successful in this role you must have:
- A thorough understanding of, passion for and demonstrated experience and proven success in basketball
- Proven success working with a range of stakeholders which could include clubs, families, service providers and internal team members.
- Demonstrated experience administering sporting (basketball) competitions
Please click here for the position description.
This role is part of a sporting association that runs competitions and programs on each day and evening of the week and weekends. This is not a 9 to 5 Monday to Friday role, but we do offer flexible work practices and encourage a work life balance.
If this role sounds just right for you please apply now by clicking the apply now button and include your resume and a cover letter outlining why you want this role and what you will bring to the role.
You can also find out more about the role by downloading the position description or calling the GM, Ric Willmot on 0412728113.