New Head of Basketball a “Major Coup for the Spartans”
Southern District Basketball Association has appointed long time Spartans coach and administrator Judy Lane as the association’s new Head of Basketball.
Chairperson Kristian Justus said the Spartans Board was very pleased to accept the unanimous recommendation of the Independent Interview Panel to appoint Ms Lane to the role.
“Judy is a Spartan through and through, it’s in her DNA and continues a generational involvement in our basketball club,” Mr Justus said.
“It’s a major coup for the Spartans to have secured someone of Judy’s calibre, as she will bring a wealth of management and basketball experience and expertise to our team”.
“Judy also knows our club history and understands the type of culture and opportunities Spartans wants to foster in our local basketball community.”
Incoming Head of Basketball Judy Lane said it was an honour to join the Spartans management team and take on responsibility for Player, Coach, Referee and Official development, pathways and participation across all areas of the organisation.
“I am excited to be taking up this new position immediately with Spartans which will ensure that we are ready for the first bounce of the ball when the season recommences in 2021,” Judy said.
“Spartans plays an important role in my family life and, whilst I am immersed in our club’s history, I also have my eyes fixed on the continued growth and improvement of our basketball program into the future.
“To remain at the forefront of basketball we will continue to evolve, just as we’ve been doing since we were created.
“Spartans will not only remain the biggest association in Queensland, we will also continue to provide the best experience for all participants.
“One of my most important roles will be to work collaboratively and inclusively with the whole team to generate ideas, productivity, innovation and efficiency to ensure the Spartans basketball experience remains at the cutting edge,” Judy said.
- Appointed Head of Basketball, Southern District Basketball Association (2020)
- Experienced in management, sport, and basketball experience at Spartans.
- Financial management experience (accountant; senior manager of one of Brisbane leading accounting firms; business owner.
- Judy and her family have a long history with Spartans from being a Junior player herself to being a club coach, club coordinator, representative coach, and a parent with all her children still presently playing within the association.
- For the past few years Judy has been the Co-ordinator of the very successful Basketball program at Sheldon College (one of the strong school clubs playing at Southern Districts).